quinta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2008

Porque I’m International...

Andrie and J.T. - My sis and brother.


I have found my self because I found them. I was afraid - a lot - suffered miss my home that had fallen behind, but I build a new one. It was a nice and funny house. My room was in one floor and my family stayed in another. I had no TV in the room, only silence and music. At night there were no bars, there were board games and a lots of laughter! Especially when one of us fall into the boxes of "Pay Day", silly laughs, but worth it.
This time of year my feelings of miss are strongest.
There they showed me that at Christmas the family mount the tree together, and each one must make or buy a new ornament, with his name and date marked (even far away, I keep sending mines!). I learned to build ‘houses of candy’ (a delight!); to respect different cultures, people, and ways of life… I met the IHOP (and I can tell, I will never be the same!) and, most importantly, I learned to be me! And I discovered that people like it! Anyway...
Every year, close to Christmas, I get a box. It is the most awaited! When I wake up and see it is there, does not contain my tears. The most beautiful emotion is to know that the people, whom changed my life five years ago, had their lives changed by my presence. Knowing that they miss and love me as the same I miss and love them, I’m rewarded with the most simple and wonderful felling.
We can not pretend that I am not from there. My memory and my heart are already filled with an encounter that changed my life and transformed me forever. Because of them I will be always grateful to life, to live. Because of them I will always be half Brazilian half American, not American, half from Idaho.

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

oh my god rachel that's such a nice poem!! u express the feelings i have when i think about idaho, well at least a little. i don't feel that much because i don't keep in touch with them as well but it's so cute what u wrote! and the babies, i can't believe how big they've gotten... ur right jt looks like jake haha :) looove u my dear excited to see u again hopefully soon!! beeeijos from someone whos life u changed too! u didn't only change people's lifes in the usa, also in suica :)